PARTNERSHIP VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Create care packages for children
- Hold collections to keep PAL centers fully stocked with items needed to support daily programs /
- Skill-based volunteer opportunities to help alleviate a struggle point the non-profit team faces. /
- Make baked goods and decorations for center events /
- Virtual educational sessions for youth to enjoy
- Ongoing coaching and volunteer opportunities (all on going kids facing opportunities will require clearances)
- Group center beautification days (paint, clean, plant gardens)
- Educational speaking opportunities
- Career development opportunities (College/Career fairs, internship opportunities within company)
- Tutoring and mentorship opportunities
- Hold community support center events
Frequently Asked Questions
18 years old or older.
If you are 16 years old or younger, Please have a parent or guardian contact the Director of Programs and Education, Joy Woods Jones.
Any individuals seeking to volunteer with PAL to fulfill court-appointed or obligatory service hours must contact P/O Keith Balco at 215-291-9000, ext. 186.
To schedule the project, please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- How many volunteers do you expect to have in your group?
- What is the age range of the group? If you have a group of youth, how many chaperons will be accompanying them?
- Do you have an available budget to contribute to the project? This is not a hindrance, though may affect the type and size of projects available, especially for larger groups.
- Does anyone in your group have professional skills (i.e. computer technician, construction, librarian, ect.)?
- Are you volunteering as part of an organized “Company Cares Day?”
- Is there a specific center or area of the city where you would like to focus your work?
2 HOURS MINIMUM per event / program
All schedules will be determined and communicated through the PAL.
When working with children, it is natural to form mentoring relationships. PAL strongly discourages breaking a commitment mid-program since the children become emotionally invested and Center Directors rely on your help. If your availability may change before the end of a program, please wait to start volunteering until you are able to adhere to the regular time commitment.
Many students have completed high school, college and graduate level projects with PAL. Before contacting PAL, please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Clearly explain the project.
- How many hours do you need to complete?
- When is your project due?
- Will you need to interview or survey children?
- Will a staff member be responsible for signing an hours log and /or submitting documentation of your work?
Depending on the number of hours needed, you will be instructed to fill out a volunteer application or not.
PAL would be honored to have a representative speak at your next school assembly, corporate event, or fair.