Join Our Team
At a time when cities across the country are challenged to build positive relationships between residents and law enforcement, the significance, track record, and impact of PAL’s mission of “Cops Helping Kids” is more important than ever.
This is an exciting time to join PAL. The organization has recently adopted a new five year strategic plan, developed in consultation with the highly regarded Bridgespan Group, secured three of the largest gifts in organizational history in the past year, begun planning for a new headquarters, and will celebrate its 70th anniversary in 2017.
From time to time PAL has openings within our organization for motivated people seeking to make an impact on our society through our children.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Associate Director of Development, full-time
JOB SUMMARY: As a key member of PAL’s Development Team, the Associate Director of Development will have responsibility for fundraising in the areas of corporations, individuals, and special events. Working under the direction of the Chief Development Officer, the Associate Director will have goals related to PAL’s Annual Award Dinner, corporate and individual giving (through special events and outside of events), and have a prospect pool of existing and potential donors.
The Associate Director of Development is a full-time position reporting to the Chief Development Officer. The role requires initiative, discretion, resourcefulness and flexibility. We are seeking someone who is highly organized and able to juggle competing demands under pressure.
Organization profile: PAL has been carrying out its mission of “Cops Helping Kids” since 1947. Through PAL, Philadelphia police officers, supported by civilians and volunteers, offer sports, education, and other programs to youth in 18 centers in some of the city’s highest crime and lowest income neighborhoods. These centers are safe havens, offering a variety of programs and other events to attract, engage, and develop more than 18,000 Philadelphia youth. All PAL programming is delivered free-of-charge and is designed to reduce crime, promote character development, and improve educational outcomes.
- Lead the planning and execution of the annual Award Dinner, including the fundraising and sponsorship efforts that raise more than $1 million.
- Develop strategies to meet PAL’s fundraising goals in the areas of corporations, individuals, and special events.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors. Develop relationships with key donors and implement strategies to close gifts, involving the Chief Development Officer, Executive Director, and Board members as helpful and appropriate.
- Maintain an active schedule of solicitation visits; establish and meet mutually agreed-upon annual goals for dollars raised and calls made on donors and prospects.
- Oversee the Direct Mail planning and yearly solicitation strategy and schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
Academic: Bachelor’s degree Professional: minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience
- 5-plus years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization; demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources).
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficiency in development software (Raiser’s Edge) preferred.
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation package commensurate with level of experience including base salary (exempt status), performance-based bonus, and comprehensive benefits package.
The Police Athletic League of Philadelphia (PAL) promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. PAL does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.
” button_url=”/volunteer” url_new_window=”off” button_text=”learn more” use_background_color=”on” background_color=”#26294a” background_layout=”dark” text_orientation=”center” header_font_size=”26″ body_font_size=”14″ use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” custom_button=”off” button_text_size=”20″ button_border_width=”2″ button_border_radius=”3″ button_letter_spacing=”0″ button_use_icon=”default” button_icon_placement=”right” button_on_hover=”on” button_border_radius_hover=”3″ button_letter_spacing_hover=”0″ module_class=”hide”]
get to know the organization and make a difference