Join Our Team
At a time when cities across the country are challenged to build positive relationships between residents and law enforcement, the significance, track record, and impact of PAL’s mission of “Cops Helping Kids” is more important than ever.
This is an exciting time to join PAL. The organization has recently adopted a new five year strategic plan, developed in consultation with the highly regarded Bridgespan Group, secured three of the largest gifts in organizational history in the past year, begun planning for a new headquarters, and will celebrate its 70th anniversary in 2017.
From time to time PAL has openings within our organization for motivated people seeking to make an impact on our society through our children.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Outcomes and Evaluations Manager
Position Type: Full-time
The Outcomes and Evaluation Manager is a full-time position responsible for leadership and day-to-management of all monitoring and evaluation activities at PAL (metrics program), including managing, tracking and reporting on all performance metrics and program outcomes as required by the organization’s various stakeholders both internal and external. This position reports to the Director of Finance and Administration, and will work closely with PAL center directors, PAL’s Commanding Officer and PAL’s Executive Director, in addition to the PAL Board and Board Subcommittees.
Specific Job Accountabilities:
- Lead PAL’s data collection and analyses (attendance, crime, character, education, police-community relations) on a regular basis
- Provide multi-level reports to Director of Finance and other stakeholders on the above outcome area to monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of PAL’s programs
- Lead training and management of Attendance Coordinators and PAL Center Directors
- Research best practices in outcomes evaluation on an ongoing basis and incorporate into PAL’s assessments as appropriate
- Work with Development teams to pull output and outcomes data necessary for grant reporting, proposals, and marketing materials
- Analyze outcome/output data on regular basis and provide necessary reports to inform a system of continuous quality improvement.
- Manage vendor relations with the software (KidTrax) provider and maintenance of the annual license agreement.
- Support Development and Program Departments’ various projects, programs, and needs as requested; participate in PAL fundraising activities including special events, ceremonies, and board related duties; collaborate with Communications Department to update social media accounts and write about related programs and events for PAL publications; perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Academic: Bachelor’s degree
- Professional: 2+ years of relevant experience with supervisory skills preferred
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Personal Attributes: Must be able to work independently without close management; have excellent communication, listening, interpersonal and organizational skills; be highly organized, and demonstrate the ability to work effectively within diverse populations. Must also be flexible and enthusiastic; have an articulated belief in the mission of PAL; and be proficient in Microsoft Office software packages; and possess a valid driver’s license
- Successful completion of a criminal background check
To apply for this position, please send a resume to jobs@Phillypal.org.
AmeriCorps Up2Us Coach with PAL
Position Type: Full-time
The Police Athletic League of Philadelphia is seeking candidates to serve as a full-time sports-based youth development coach in a PAL center for a one-year term of service through AMERICORPS and Up2Us Sports!
The Philly PAL Coach will serve as a role model, mentor, and community leader within the Southwest PAL Center located at 5900 Elmwood Avenue in Philadelphia. The Coach will provide direct support for the duration of his or her service term by engaging at-risk youth for significant periods of time, building meaningful relationships between youth and adults, and teaching life lessons through hands-on activities. The Coach will help PAL enhance the organization’s sports-based youth development programming and provide targeted supports to reduce crime, promote character, and improve educational outcomes. The Coach will also support PAL’s growth in the areas of enrollment and attendance within assigned center locations by helping to improve and develop more engaging programs and by providing incentives for attendance and recruitment to attract and retain more highly engaged youth.
· Service Term – January 16, 2018-January 16, 2019
· Schedule – 40 hours/week; 1:00pm-9:00pm, Mon.-Thur.; 11:00am-7:00pm, Fri. (January-June); 9:00am-5:00pm (July-September) occasional weekend hours (1700 hours)
· Full Term Stipend – $15,105
· Education Award – $5,815.50 upon successful completion of service term and all requirements
Required Qualifications for Candidates:
· US citizens or lawful residents
· At least 17 years of age and high school graduates
· Able to commit to a full-time position and complete 1700 hours of national service through AMERICORPS
· Attend a national training institute in Chicago, February 23-27, conducted by Up2Us Sports (includes necessary travel)
· Pass a Pennsylvania State Criminal History Check, Child Abuse History Clearance and FBI Fingerprint Background Clearance
· Daily communication with PAL Center Director supervisor
· Daily/weekly communication with PAL nonprofit supervisor (Director of Programs and Education)
· Commitment to full-time schedule and limited number of absences (not to exceed 25 days of personal leave time)
· Accurate recording of service hours
· Completion of all service, data collection, and hours requirements
Additionally, the AmeriCorps Up2Us Coach will:
• Encourage participants to gain and develop life skills, knowledge, and techniques through sport, using lessons learned at Up2Us Sports’ best in class training events
• Perform data collection activities such as directed by your Up2Us Sports Program Manager
• Act as a role model, gaining the respect and trust of the community and youth served
Up2Us AmeriCorps Coaches must complete the following requirements to ensure successful completion of the AmeriCorps program:
• Completion of the minimum required hours of service and training by last day of coach contract
• Attendance at the Up2Us Coach orientation
• Completion of twice monthly America Learns reflection logs at an 80% level or higher
• Completion of bi-weekly timesheets
• Attendance at a day of service
• Attend/participate in Up2Us Sports trainings, meetings, and special initiatives
• Attend Coach Training Institute (February 23-27 in Chicago)
AmeriCorps Living Allowance = $15,105
Segal Service Award = $5,815
AmeriCorps State and National programs provide thousands of Americans each year the opportunity to improve the lives of their fellow citizens through service. Funded by the Corporation of National and Community Service (CNCS), a federal agency, AmeriCorps works hand in hand with local partners, tapping the ingenuity and can-do spirit of the American people to tackle some of the most pressing challenges facing our nation.
CNCS invests in thousands of nonprofit and faith-based groups that are making a difference across the country. Up2Us Sports is a proud member of the AmeriCorps community.
AmeriCorps members are not employees of the Program or of the federal government. The definition of “participant” in the National and Community Service Act of 1990 as amended applies to AmeriCorps members. As such, “a participant (member) shall not be considered to be an employee of the Program in which the participant (member) is enrolled” ((42 U.S.C. 12511(30) (B)). Moreover, members are not allowed to perform an employee’s duties or otherwise displace employees, and therefore generally not eligible to receive unemployment compensation.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
” button_url=”/volunteer” url_new_window=”off” button_text=”learn more” use_background_color=”on” background_color=”#26294a” background_layout=”dark” text_orientation=”center” header_font_size=”26″ body_font_size=”14″ use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” custom_button=”off” button_text_size=”20″ button_border_width=”2″ button_border_radius=”3″ button_letter_spacing=”0″ button_use_icon=”default” button_icon_placement=”right” button_on_hover=”on” button_border_radius_hover=”3″ button_letter_spacing_hover=”0″ module_class=”hide”]
get to know the organization and make a difference