Join Our Team
At a time when cities across the country are challenged to build positive relationships between residents and law enforcement, the significance, track record, and impact of PAL’s mission of “Cops Helping Kids” is more important than ever.
This is an exciting time to join PAL. The organization has recently adopted a new five year strategic plan, developed in consultation with the highly regarded Bridgespan Group, secured three of the largest gifts in organizational history in the past year, begun planning for a new headquarters, and will celebrate its 70th anniversary in 2017.
From time to time PAL has openings within our organization for motivated people seeking to make an impact on our society through our children.
Current Employment Opportunities:
- Lead the planning and execution of the annual Award Dinner, including the fundraising and sponsorship efforts that raise more than $1 million.
- Develop strategies to meet PAL’s fundraising goals in the areas of corporations, and individuals.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors. Develop relationships with key donors and implement strategies to close gifts, involving the Chief Development Officer, Executive Director, Commanding Officer and Board members as helpful and appropriate.
- Maintain an active schedule of solicitation visits; establish and meet mutually agreed-upon annual goals for dollars raised and calls made on donors and prospects.
- Oversee the Direct Mail planning and yearly solicitation strategy and schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications: Academic: Bachelor’s degree Professional: minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience
- 5-plus years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization; demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources).
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficiency in development software (Raiser’s Edge) preferred.
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation package commensurate with level of experience including base salary (exempt status), performance-based bonus, and comprehensive benefits package.
Program Coordinator (SOUTH)
The Program Coordinator position is a full-time position responsible for the planning and implementation of various activities at PAL, including on-going, seasonal, and annual educational, recreational and cultural programs and events. The Program Coordinator supports the successful delivery of programs across PAL centers and works closely with PAL Center Directors and center-based support staff. This position reports to the Director of Programs.
SPECIFIC JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Organize and implement PAL’s annual city-wide education events as assigned (Chess, Reading Program, Night of the Arts); work with PAL’s Director of Programs and the PAL Board Education Committee to deliver successful programming
• Support the processes of recruiting, certifying, training, and supervising program volunteers and part-time support staff members in SOUTH region PAL centers; support the delivery of volunteer and support staff-focused events
• Coordinate the “Homework Club” after-school academic support program; support the recruitment and training of program support staff, maintain regular communication and support successful delivery of program activities in SOUTH region PAL centers
• Lead the development of organization-wide program design and curriculum for “Boys to Men” boys’ mentoring program; coordinate the delivery of “Boys to Men” programming at SOUTH region PAL centers, maintain regular communication with Center Directors, staff and volunteers in supporting successful delivery of program activities
• Coordinate delivery of “Positive Images” girls’ mentoring program at SOUTH region PAL centers; support the recruitment and training of program support staff, maintain regular communication and support successful delivery of program activities in SOUTH region PAL centers
• Coordinate delivery of “Computer Club” program at SOUTH region PAL centers; support the recruitment and training of program support staff, maintain regular communication and support successful delivery of program activities in SOUTH region PAL centers
• Support the delivery of city-wide and site-specific sports-based youth development (SBYD) programming; provide direct support to all SBYD coaches in SOUTH region PAL centers
• Assist with monitoring and evaluation of efficiency and effectiveness of PAL’s programs, activities and general services; support data collection processes under the leadership of PAL’s Outcomes and Evaluation Manager
• Support Development and Program Departments’ various projects, programs, and needs as requested; participate in PAL fundraising activities including special events, ceremonies, and board related duties; collaborate with Communications Department to update social media accounts and contribute to efforts to showcase related programs and events for PAL publications; perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
” button_url=”/volunteer” url_new_window=”off” button_text=”learn more” use_background_color=”on” background_color=”#26294a” background_layout=”dark” text_orientation=”center” header_font_size=”26″ body_font_size=”14″ use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” custom_button=”off” button_text_size=”20″ button_border_width=”2″ button_border_radius=”3″ button_letter_spacing=”0″ button_use_icon=”default” button_icon_placement=”right” button_on_hover=”on” button_border_radius_hover=”3″ button_letter_spacing_hover=”0″ module_class=”hide”]
get to know the organization and make a difference