Join Our Team
At a time when cities across the country are challenged to build positive relationships between residents and law enforcement, the significance, track record, and impact of PAL’s mission of “Cops Helping Kids” is more important than ever.
From time to time PAL has openings within our organization for motivated people seeking to make an impact on our society through our children.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Context: This is an exciting opportunity for a development professional to join one of Philadelphia’s bedrock youth-serving organizations. The Police Athletic League of Philadelphia (PAL) is unlike any non-profit organization in the region, in that it brings a unit of the Philadelphia Police Department and a non-profit organization together with a shared mission of Cops Helping Kids.
Established in 1947, PAL has become part of the fabric of Philadelphia, with tens-of-thousands of children benefitting from the mentorship, guidance and coaching of specially trained Philadelphia police officers through an array of year-round fun, safe, and free programming.
In addition to supportive police and civilian staff, PAL enjoys a passionate and engaged Board of Directors.
Position Description: The Grants Manager develops and execute strategies to diversify and strengthen the organization’s funding streams from corporate, foundation and government funding sources.
Specific Position Accountabilities:
- Manage a calendar of grant report and proposal dates; track an active portfolio of pending and committed grants
- Research and identify new grant funding prospects
- Write grant proposals for new and existing programs/projects
- Acknowledge and steward relationships with grant contacts
- Schedule and coordinate site visits with potential and actual donors
- Ensure compliance with all grant contracts/agreements/outcomes/deliverables
- Write required and courtesy grant reports
- Create organization and development materials for inclusion in proposal submissions
- Collaborate with the Chief Development Officer on development strategies and targeting prospects
- Develop and maintain corporate/foundation/government records
- Participate in developing program outcomes
- Serve as liaison for Combined City Campaign
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of three years successful grant writing experience
- Demonstrated record of attracting and securing major gifts from donors
- Experience in identifying, soliciting and closing gifts from corporate, foundation and government sources
- Excellent grant writing and communication skills. Understanding of the benefits of social media
- Demonstrated ability to create multi-year plans, set objectives and achieve goals
- A focus on quality improvement to identify ways in which PAL’s Development team can increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Hands-on ability to manage and work directly with donor management software (Raiser’s Edge).
- Knowledge of the Greater Philadelphia Region’s philanthropic landscape is preferred
- Successful completion of a criminal background check
- Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned
” button_url=”/volunteer” url_new_window=”off” button_text=”learn more” use_background_color=”on” background_color=”#26294a” background_layout=”dark” text_orientation=”center” header_font_size=”26″ body_font_size=”14″ use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” custom_button=”off” button_text_size=”20″ button_border_width=”2″ button_border_radius=”3″ button_letter_spacing=”0″ button_use_icon=”default” button_icon_placement=”right” button_on_hover=”on” button_border_radius_hover=”3″ button_letter_spacing_hover=”0″ module_class=”hide”]
get to know the organization and make a difference